APOLLO: so do you come here to this river a lot
DAPHNE: i’m so sorry
have we met?
APOLLO: we havent met
but you know me
APOLLO: ever seen THE SUN
APOLLO: youre welcome
hey let me touch your skin for a while
DAPHNE: i have to
[DAPHNE turns into a tree to escape him]
APOLLO: so do you
turn into trees a lot
sexy inexplicable melancholy
I think the time is ripe to reblog this.
Do you guys ever think about how lucky we are?
We get to read novels that other people will never know existed. We get to know authors before they hit the mainstream.
We get feedback from like-minded people who are 90% of the time gushing over how much they love our work.
We get to watch ourselves grow as writers, laugh and cry with our favorite characters in ways most people will never get to experience, and discover new writers who become our friends.
Fan fiction RULES.
Steve Rogers did, in fact, realize that something was off when he saw the outline of the woman’s odd bra (a push-up bra, he would later learn), but being an officer and a gentleman, he said that it was the game that gave the future away.
No, see, this scene is just amazing. The costume department deserves so many kudos for this, it’s unreal, especially given the fact that they pulled off Peggy pretty much flawlessly.
1) Her hair is completely wrong for the 40’s. No professional/working woman would have her hair loose like that. Since they’re trying to pass this off as a military hospital, Steve would know that she would at least have her hair carefully pulled back, if maybe not in the elaborate coiffures that would have been popular.
2) Her tie? Too wide, too long. That’s a man’s tie, not a woman’s. They did, however, get the knot correct as far as I can see - that looks like a Windsor.
3) That. Bra. There is so much clashing between that bra and what Steve would expect (remember, he worked with a bunch of women for a long time) that it has to be intentional. She’s wearing a foam cup, which would have been unheard of back then. It’s also an exceptionally old or ill-fitting bra - why else can you see the tops of the cups? No woman would have been caught dead with misbehaving lingerie like that back then, and the soft satin cups of 40’s lingerie made it nearly impossible anyway. Her breasts are also sitting at a much lower angle than would be acceptable in the 40’s.
Look at his eyes. He knows by the time he gets to her hair that something is very, very wrong.
so what you are saying is S.H.E.I.L.D. has a super shitty costume division….
Nope, Nick Fury totally did this on purpose.
There’s no knowing what kind of condition Steve’s in, or what kind of person he really is, after decades of nostalgia blur the reality and the long years in the ice (after a plane crash and a shitload of radiation) do their work. (Pre-crash Steve is in lots of files, I’m sure. Nick Fury does not trust files.) So Fury instructs his people to build a stage, and makes sure that the right people put up some of the wrong cues.
Maybe the real Steve’s a dick, or just an above-average jock; maybe he had a knack for hanging out with real talent. Maybe he hit his head too hard on the landing and he’s not gonna be Captain anymore. On the flipside, if he really is smart, then putting him in a standard, modern hospital room and telling him the truth is going to have him clamming up and refusing to believe a goddamn thing he hears for a really long time.
The real question here is, how long it does it take for the man, the myth, the legend to notice? What does he do about it? How long does he wait to get his bearings, confirm his suspicions, and gather information before attempting busting out?
Turns out the answer’s about forty-five seconds.
Sometimes clever posts die a quiet death in the abyss of the unreblogged. Some clever posts get attention, get comments, get better. Then there’s this one which I’ve watched evolve into a thing of brilliance.
oh cool you like your parents? name three of their songs
"clean dat fuckin room up"
"what dem grades lookin like" (feat. my auntie)
"wake yo ass up bus come @6:45" (bad boy remix)
Here’s a typical thing that happens to Jen Kirkman on twitter:
- She lists things she will block
- A guy immediately tweets her one of the things she said she would block
- He gets blocked
- He is in shock
- He is indignant
- He was a fan but not anymore, not after she blocked him for tweeting her a thing she JUST SAID SHE WOULD BLOCK PEOPLE FOR TWEETING TO HER
Thank you #fuckyeahjenkirkman for making this. Since I blocked him I didn’t see this. But the world should!
ヘタリアキャラのバイクを選んでみたpermission to post was given by the artist!
|Played: 296,481 times.|
Who the was the GENIUS behind mixing Mumford and Sons and Ke$ha?!
Who gave you the right.
THIS IS THE MOST SHAKESPEAREAN THING I HAVE EVER HEARD EVER
do you ever see a picture of your internet friend for the first time and you just kinda think
it appears i have accidentally befriended a beauty goddess.